We welcome you to our practice. So that we may provide you with the care you deserve, we appreciate your cooperation with the following payment policy.
- Please come to your appointment with your health Insurance card and picture ID.
- Co-payments are required at the time of service.
- If you do not have a current insurance card you will be required to pay in full at the time of service.
- We accept all credit cards, as well as cash and checks.
- Whether we have a contract with your Insurance or not, we will bill your insurance as a courtesy. We will make every effort to help you understand your insurance plan, but please understand that this is your responsibility as payments of co-pays, co-insurance and deductible.
- There is a $30 no-show fee if you do not give us at least 24-hour notice of your inability to keep an office appointment. If you fail to give us 24-hour notice of cancellation for a sleep study or nap test (MSLT), the fee is $100.
- Please be advised that due to co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles, “a covered item or service” does not mean that it will be covered at 100%.
- Please be aware that as we are in network with most providers, we therefore accept your insurance company’s contracted rate. We have not set the final prices for the services.
- We offer payment plans for patients who are struggling to pay their balance in full at the time it is due. There is no interest added on to a 3-month payment plan with credit card on file, UNLESS the card declines. For 6-month payment plans, there is 15% interest added.
- We are available to address your payment concerns and insurance issues. Call our office at 847-674-3600 and ask for Giulia at extension 211.
To make a payment online, get the link on our Make a Payment page >>
Please note that from January through October we only send out statements for balances of $20 or more. Only in November and December do we mail out statements for balances that are less than $20. Patients who do not stop in or call in during the year may not know they have a balance if it’s less than $20 until the end of the year. Please check the Explanation of Benefits from your insurance companies to verify any balances owed.
At Northshore Sleep Medicine, we are committed to meeting your healthcare needs and thank you for following our payment and financial policy. We appreciate the opportunity to care for you and your family.